I’ve released htbaapub.zmq 0.03, a wrapper for ZeroMQ. This release fixes data corruption when sending messages. The corruption was caused by BlitzMax collection String data a bit too soon. This was a tough one to find as garbage collectors are hard to predict.
As of now htbaapub.zmq also contains several unit tests to make sure everything works as expected. It doesn’t have full coverage, but I’ll improve this in the future. In case anyone is interested, the test module used is bah.maxunit.
You can install this version with maximus, download it or fetch the sources from GitHub.
This is just a short announcement on my Blog to let people know I’ve been busy wrapping ZeroMQ (or ZMQ) for BlitzMax. The result of this a new module called htbaapub.zmq. It’s available from the Maximus website, meaning you can install it using Maximus. If you rather fetch the Git repository that’s possible as well.
The module is still very much a Work In Progress. Most of ZMQ’s functions are available from BlitzMax and both Windows and Linux are supported. It should work fine on a Mac as well, but I’m unable to verify since I don’t actually own one.
A couple of examples are included as well. Have fun playing with ZMQ and if you encounter any bugs, please report them. I’ll then be able to look into fixing them.
Earlier today I released Maximus 1.1.1. Maximus is a BlitzMax module manager. With Maximus it’s possible to easily install and update BlitzMax modules which are provided by 3rd party module developers.
Version 1.1.1 improves the usability for the GUI users. If maximus-gui can’t find your BMXPATH it will now present you with a directory dialog in which you can select your BlitzMax installation directory. Another improvement is in communicating back to the user when a certain action has finished.
Binaries for both Windows and Linux are available from maximus.htbaa.com/client as well as an installer for Windows.
Just a quick reminder when installing BlitzMax on a 64-bit installation of any Ubuntu flavor.
Always install ia32-libs or you won’t be able to execute programs compiled by BlitzMax, even though the required shared libraries are available (not actually true, as these are the 64-bit libraries). Installing this package makes sure you’ll be able to run them.
Additional info at:
This evening a wrote a Perl script using Mojolicious to generate a RSS and Atom feed for the BlitzMax website. I did this because that website has been lacking it. I use Google Reader to stay up to date with countless websites. Any website that doesn’t provide a RSS or Atom feed I’ve got to visit manually and scan through it to see if anything new and interesting has been posted. Which in turn can takes some time.
Below is the script I’ve written that uses some modules of the Mojolicious toolkit. Mojo::DOM makes it very easy to get specific content from a page and the CSS selector support is great. On top of that I’ve hardly had to use the documentation to figure out how to do what I wanted. Very clear API! For the feed generation I’ve used XML::Feed. I’m also using CHI to cache page content so it doesn’t need to fetch this every time the script runs.
You can host the script yourself, or you can add one of the links below to your RSS/Atom reader. As long as traffic doesn’t get too high I’ll be providing public access to the feeds.